The Ministry of Sports’ report on the $150,000 settlement to a former employee is under legal advice and cannot be published yet.
But the Christian Mouttet ferry report and the Christopher Thomas report on the T&T/Dominica vote issue have both been made public.
Communication Minister Stuart Young confirmed this at yesterday’s post-Cabinet media briefing, rejecting UNC activist Devant Maharaj’s accusation that Government has not revealed the reports and was “hiding” reports.
Young pointed out that the Mouttet report was sent by the Prime Minister to a Joint Select Committee of Parliament on September 19, 2017. It was also laid in the Lower and Upper Houses of Parliament on September 26 and 28 September 2018 and was posted on Parliament’s website.
Young said the Thomas report – on T&T’s vote against Dominica’s OAS fee waiver bid last year – was sent to Parliament in November 2018 and it was then sent to Parliament’s Foreign Affairs team which did an inquiry.
The team delivered a report which is public on the Parliament’s website and the Thomas report was appended to the team’s report.
“So Maharaj’s claims are false and are part of the Opposition’s narrative and lie to mislead the public,” Young declared.
He said there was a draft of the Sports Ministry/Darryl Smith report. But Young said the Attorney General sought legal advice on how it was compiled since there were some procedural issues in the compilation.
He said the AG sought the advice of external counsel.