National Security Minister Stuart Young is responding to international media reports that a sex party is going to be hosted later this month on an island off Trinidad.
In a statement, Young said he has seen the reports of a suggestion that there is to be some event taking place at an island off of the North of Trinidad, carded as a ‘Sex Island Party’.
“I have asked law enforcement and Immigration to monitor this and to make it known that such an event and the suggested illegal actions to take place will NOT be tolerated by Trinidad and Tobago.
The suggested illegality of drug use and prostitution is of concern to me and I have requested that positive action be taken to ascertain whether there is any veracity to the suggested event and to be extra vigilant to prevent any such event taking place.”
Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith, speaking on a local radio programme today, said he wanted to disappoint “those who think it may happen.”
“It is definitely not going to happen, there is no such plan whatsoever that can actually ensure that it takes place,” Griffith said, telling his audience “there is no private island of Trinidad and Tobago.”
Griffith said he believes the event being promised here started some years ago in Colombia “but it is difficult if not impossible for this to take place.”
“Even before the police get involved you need the requisite approval for entry into Trinidad and Tobago waters from the Ministry of National Security and you must go through Immigration authorities. And then having said that …I can give the assurance that before the first joint is lighted, before the first lap dance is made that will never happen. There’s certainly no way that something so organised and promoted like this can take place in T&T waters.”
Undercover police officers who have been dispatched to “every corner” of T&T to monitor illegal activities such as prostitution and human trafficking, will now focus their attention on the Sex Island event being promoted by a foreign company for Down the Islands this weekend.
This was disclosed by the Commissioner of Police (CoP) Gary Griffith on CNC3’s The Morning Brew today, as he discussed a New York Post article that identified T&T as its new location for the infamous “Sex Island” all-inclusive party.
According to NY Post journalist Michael Blaustein, the event is being advertised for US$4,500 this Friday to Sunday (December 17). The promoters are promising 50 guests two prostitutes each, drugs and unlimited food and drinks, with most of the women coming from Colombia, Brazil, Puerto Rico, American, Canada and other South American countries.
Noting that such activity was illegal, Griffith said that the officers, who had already also been assigned to monitor establishments where minors are sold alcohol and cigarettes, will be on high alert to ensure the event does not go on as planned if the report is true.
National Security Minister Stuart Young also said he intends to block the organisers of a four-day, three-night “sex extravaganza.”
The event also hit the British new media Tuesday, with the Online Mail reporting that the organisers had announced that a 16-year-old boy from New York had won a free ticket to the event and was travelling to T&T to attend after getting his father’s blessing.